Join our Team!
Founded in 1968, ProTELEC has become an industry leader in security and safety. Through the efforts of a dedicated and loyal staff, strong products, and professional service, we have grown to be one of the largest independent alarm installation and monitoring stations in Western Canada. If you are looking for an exciting career, competitive compensation and benefits, and are looking to be on a team of driven professionals dedicated to superior customer service, ProTELEC may be the right fit for you.
If you do not see any current opportunities available, we still want to hear from you!
Please feel free to forward your resume and cover letter, indicating opportunities you may be interested in, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alarm Systems Installer
ProTELEC Systems Ltd. – Winnipeg, MB
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities – Work under pressure, Attention to detail, Tight deadlines, Overtime required, Manual dexterity, Fast-paced environment, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Work Location Information – On-site customer service, various locations
Personal Suitability – Excellent written communication, Organized, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Values and ethics, Team player, excellent oral communication, Client focus.
Qualifications – Knowledge of Access Control, Alarms, and CCTV Systems, Understanding of Electrical Code and Requirements, Computer and Network Knowledge, Class M Limited Specialized Trade Electricians License is considered an asset.
- Coordinate, install, and program systems (alarm, access control, and CCTV) as per the customer’s specifications.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position and terminate cables, wires, and strapping.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers’ recommendations, using programming keypads.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Provide customers with cost estimates for equipment installation.
- Prepare documents, such as invoices or warranties.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine security requirements.
- Order replacement parts.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Mount raceways and conduits and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Work to meet all installation and service call deadlines.
- Fill out post-installation reports and complete timesheet entries.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Shaye Hartle at Shartle@protelecalarms.com or email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.