Join our Team!
Founded in 1968, ProTELEC has become an industry leader in security and safety. Through the efforts of a dedicated and loyal staff, strong products, and professional service, we have grown to be one of the largest independent alarm installation and monitoring stations in Western Canada. If you are looking for an exciting career, competitive compensation and benefits, and are looking to be on a team of driven professionals dedicated to superior customer service, ProTELEC may be the right fit for you.
If you do not see any current opportunities available, we still want to hear from you!
Please feel free to forward your resume and cover letter, indicating opportunities you may be interested in, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The duties and responsibilities of this position are generally outlined below. The duties and responsibilities are subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and are outlined as follows:
The Internal Accountant:
- Assists with all full-cycle accounting functions
- Maintains general ledgers and financial statements
- Assists with payroll duties and related government filings
- Prepares trial balance of books
- Prepares other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Balances and reconciles accounts such as bank, subledgers accounts, credit cards statements, prepaid, capital assets and accrued expense accounts
- Completes monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Resolves account discrepancies
- Verifies supporting documentation, posting to appropriate accounts
- Supports Controller and CFO in ensuring that correct and complete data inputs exist for reporting
- Supports period end reporting and analysis as required
- Assists with ad hoc projects, reports, and accounting tasks
- Provides supports in all areas of the Accounting Department as required
- Entering all A/P (3-way matched documents)
- Matches invoices to PO’s and investigates pricing discrepancies
- A/P report printing for General Manager
- Vendor contact/follow up with payment statuses, requesting bills, discussing discrepancies in pricing
- Cheque printing based on cash flow requirements (to come at a later date)
- Assists with accounts receivable functions
- Processes customer invoices
- Issues customer credits
- Assisting with A/R collections (calls, letters)
- Applying all credit card, PAD, cheque, cash payments against invoices
- Monitoring/follow up unposted invoices report
- Follow up with customers on skipped/missed invoice payments
- Weekly running of reports for A/R Manager
- Assisting with service ticket/guard invoicing as required
- Experience with QuickBooks is required.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Shaye Hartle at Shartle@protelecalarms.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.